Networking is one of the best ways to gather information and learn about valuable resources that can help you achieve your goals. These might include starting a business, attracting funding, or providing funding to growing businesses. However, not everyone finds it easy. So today, Northfield Retirement Communities offers some tips specifically for older adults.
The Importance of Networking
Networking sites provide seniors with a wealth of resources and information. Whether you’re interested in organizing community events, starting a business, or utilizing your professional skills, engaging with these sites can yield impressive results. Attending events and getting one-on-one face time with managers of successful companies can open doors you never thought possible.
A Michigan State University study found that networks of family and friends are a major source of support and generate a much higher life satisfaction. Seniors who are satisfied with their personal lives, engage in wider social networks – they are especially passionate about learning new networking tools.
Through global engagement, you can develop relationships rich in cultural ideas and opportunities to network with and learn from other successful individuals.
Building your network is only the first step, though. Now, you have to use it – and that means advertising. Luckily, you can create your own promotional image using free company logo design templates, then advertise for free by posting promotional images on social media platforms. Just do a quick online search for “logo creator online free” and start putting together a logo that your customers and clients will remember.
Connecting With Others
- Facebook. Speaking of social media, did you know that in 2021, there were almost 2.9 billion active Facebook users around the world? A stunning 81 percent of adults have a Facebook account. This high volume provides enormous networking opportunities. You can build new relationships and network with others who are pursuing business interests like yours by joining forums, as well as staying in touch with your contacts.
- Chamber of Commerce. Being a member of your Chamber of Commerce provides you with a distinct advantage in getting your products to market and building new connections.
- Events to Consider. Events can put you in the limelight, whether you’re showing your expertise for up-and-comers or simply getting your name out there.
If you can’t find the help you need through a network, you may be able to do so through online job boards where professionals such as web designers, accountants, and programmers post their CVs. You can vet them out based on their portfolios, CVs, or online Q&As. If your goal is to start a business, here are some sites to join:
- Business Network International: Develop trusted business relationships to grow your business.
- International Professional Networking Groups: Meet other experts interested in networking
- One Family: An online community of social networking sites and forums for 50 and over.
- Self-Growth: An online self-improvement community with over 36,500 experts you can search for by specialty.
The importance of networking for seniors cannot be overstated. Social networking provides positive reinforcement for active seniors who want to invest in the community.
Northfield Retirement Communities offers trustworthy and professional rehabilitation, independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and other specialty aging services. Call 308.632.4342 for more information.